Our beloved little hamster has gone to hamster heaven. (Okay, okay, so he wasn't beloved.....he barely lived a week.) The pet store said it had "wet tail disease" or something like that. Nice. Just what a mama always dreams of for her kids.....paying money to have them play with a disease infested rodent.
Anyway, the pet store has a 15-day guarantee on all small animals, so the kids picked out another hamster for free. They chose a female this time and named her Penelope (Penny for short). This one is much more fun to watch as she is actually healthy. I'd even go so far as to say that she is almost cute, for a rodent.
So, long live Penelope.....
10 comments:
15 days! That's it? Wow, how gracious of them. And how sad for your kids! I actually can't stand pets. I wish my kids would go outside and befriend an ant. We have two birds and I hate them. Naomi tells me she loves her birds, but then she never feeds them until they start fighting with each other and ripping each others feathers out. Then she realizes she needs to feed them. I have enough things running around here..pets I could do without.
wow, that's too sad! i remember when our guinea pigs would die...eventually we just got used to they cycle, but at first it was devastating! at least they got to pick out a new one!
Too funny. Did you flush or bury him?
Ya, Michelle, I'm not fond of pets, either, but they have been begging for something.....so we finally decided on a rodent.
Naomi, the kids weren't as sad as I would have been when I was little. They were like, "Well, he wasn't very fun anyway." The whole thing is kinda funny.
Lori, we had to bring the dead one back to the pet store to prove he was dead. I made Joel do it....ain't no way I'm touching a live rodent, much less a dead one!
Yes, long live pennelope! May she grow in wisdom and strength so she may be named queen of the rodents in the shire of Treptopia!
Curse the infamous "THEY" who conspire against all things, plotting the demise of Queen 'Penny'.
LONG LIVE QUEEN PENNY!
You are too funny, T! I love your blog! Well..what a suprise..I adore you..so why wouldn't I love your blog...
And I LOVE the name MacGuyver....
hmmmmm..Jeff is a huge MacGuyver fan!
So glad baby Snort has his little heart beating...all for his lovely little Mama!
i get a quote on my homepage everyday and i thought this was slightly funny and somewhat applicable, and frankly quite late to comment, but hey...
There is no reciprocity. Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.
- Alice Thomas Ellis
That's a hilarious quote Lucas!!!!
Post a Comment