September 10, 2009

So you sew?

A year or two ago, I decided to start a new adventure. I decided to teach myself how to sew. Why you ask? Oh, I don't know. But it seemed like a good idea at the time. Joel bought me a sewing machine and then bet me that it would just turn into an expensive dust collector. Well, I had no choice but to prove him wrong. It's been an interesting journey so far......I've had more failures than successes, but one can only do so well when they are teaching themselves.

Here is my latest accomplishment. It was super simple.....an apron. If anyone has ever watched me cook, they know that if I were smart I would wear an apron. Teya is modeling it because me and my big ol' pregnant belly look like a walrus in it. It's a bit wrinkly, but I don't really care. Who has time to iron their aprons? Not me.

Yes, that's a Kung Fu Panda tattoo on Teya's cheek.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Leigh said...

cute! Good job! I've always wanted to sew, but really don't think i have the time! GREAT JOB!!

Courtney said...

Great job!! I taught myself to sew two summers ago and now people pay me to sew! It was pretty much the same deal, Chris got me a machine for my birthday so I had to learn to use it. Your apron looks great!

The Heitlands said...

She looks like a supermodel!