Okay, I'll admit it. I have been seriously slacking in the supper department. It seems to happen every summer. I just run out of ideas and don't feel like cooking. Can't we just eat corn on the cob, cucumbers and tomatoes for the next few weeks?
With the exception of cereal for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch, I seriously haven't made a meal for almost a week. But, I guess that's because we have been spending time with our family who are visiting from Australia and Missouri (and we are eating with them instead of at home).
Anyway, give me some ideas. Refresh my weary food-cooking brain. What have you been cooking? What meals do you like to make for supper during the summer time? Do you do anything special with all that fresh produce? Inspire me!
13 comments:
I hope you get some good responses. I also stink in this department. I made tacos tonight. The other day I made ceasar chicken pitas (YUM). I got that off the Mayo Clinic website. We also had chili which is fairly easy to make. I will check back...hope I get some ideas too :)
Caesar Chicken Pitas sound yummy!
BLTs, baby! Quick, easy (especially if you nuke the bacon) and yummy. We're also big on spaghetti and garlic toast.
Caesar Chicken Pitas!! Tacos!! Spaghetti!! I'm starting to drool here :)
I have been making a lot of coleslaw with the cabbage and carrots from the garden. I also have an easy recipe that uses corn, tomatoes and zuchinni. I steam up some rice (in the microwave) to serve with it. Plus we grill a lot. Put some potatoes and veggies in some foil and throw it on.
BLT's.....so yummy. We have done them quite a bit since I have a freezer full of bacon. Anyone want some bacon?
Oh ya, grilling potatoes and veggies in tin foil. That is SO yummy. I think I have only done that twice this summer.....better do that some more!! Such easy clean up, too!
I'm kind of in a rut here, too. Our fresh veggie co-op just ended so I'm pretty much to the end of all the yummy produce...we didn't do a garden at all this year. So, no real suggestions...but I'm thrilled to find your blog! =)
BLT's..yum! We used to make Spaghetti alot, but its such a big mess. And my hubby gets sick of eating it.
We have a griddle and once in a blue moon we will make pancakes for dinner. It's kind of fun because the kids love it and we don't eat it every week...so it tastes good. But its high in calories, so we try to limit it to like once every 3 months or so.
We've been eating spinach salads like crazy here. We all LOVE them. We're going to try a new grilled pork loin recipe that I saw in a magazine this weekend. They are practically giving away pork these days. We can actually buy it cheaper in the store than we can have one butchered. Crazy. Mostly we've just been having the usual things. Lasagna, meatloaf, all that stuff that has ground meat in it. You love ground meat. ;)
I think every family should eat, corn, tomatoes and cucumbers all summer! My favorite combo.
I am making your mexican lasagna tonight!
2 real easy chicken recipes: for breasts, marinate them in Italian dressing and grill. Also marinate some zuchinni and peppers in the dressing and cook, very tasty. For leg/thigh: with skin on, rub with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and grill low and slow. Yum.
Have you tried sweet potato foil packets instead of white potatoes?
I'll stop there, but no worries, you are pregnant and tired, you'll get your energy back before that baby is born! Then you can freeze a bunch of soup and casseroles and such!!
Miss you. Wish we could share supper tonight, just like the good ol' days.
Ok, I couldn't resist adding one more. Grill chicken for fijitas, add zuchinni and eggplant to your veggies (normally I just do onions and peppers).
Those are some great ideas, Lori! Thanks!!!
Thank you Ladies. I have been inspired!
Post a Comment