April 30, 2009

Ultrasound

I had my first ultrasound today. Good news, the baby is just the right size and everything looks fantastic. I got to hear that precious heartbeat......that beautiful, amazing sound......and I cried. 180 beats per minute. Whew. My doctor did the happy dance. So, now, I'm holding my breath until the next ultrasound.....

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay!! I can see him doing a little dance too, lol! When is your next U/S? With that 180, I'm holding to my girl prediction for now. :)

Elle said...

Yah!!! I'm so happy. Have a blessed night!

Tanya said...

Courtney - my next ultrasound is in 4 weeks.

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for you!

Kat said...

Holding my breath right along with you...

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

The Heitlands said...

Yeah!! Happy for you. Sounds like that heart is beating like a little girlies!!

Tanya said...

About the heart rate.....a high bpm is normal for boys and girls this early in the pregnancy. And, I was super nervous during the ultrasound and my heart rate was up quite a bit, which also raised the baby's. So, I wouldn't go off of the heart rate quite yet......although with our track record, we seem more likely to have a girl. Just don't tell Grandma Norma.....she is convinced it's a boy.

Kristin said...

This is great news! I'm leaning towards boy myself. Not sure why, guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Sarah said...

Rejoicing with your family!
Hugs from Costa Rica,
Sarah Dawn

Elle said...

when's the next Ultrasound? I have been thinking about ya!