April 2, 2009

Too Much Like Their Dad

As I was doing some laundry, I heard frantic screams and a loud, falling, crashing noise. My heart went straight to my throat as I ran to find out who had died. That's when I realized it was screams of excitement coming from my children who were riding on a mattress down our basement stairs. Instead of freaking out, I decided to get the camera. (Ignore the nasty-looking stairs).


Teya and Ethan sliding down together.


Ethan flying solo.


Teya screaming her head off.

Oh these kids. They are definitely the cause of all my gray hair. Sheesh.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Such fun and grey hairs indeed! Reminds me all too much of when my sister rode her folding foam futon-like chair/bed thing(remember those?)down the stairs on her birthday and ended up in the ER with a concussion. Hopefully your little ones will be much more careful in their adventures!

Anonymous said...

Flashback! We used to do that when we were little, but we had to slum it with a giant cardboard box, no fancy mattress for us ;)

Michele said...

My cousin and I used to drag each other down the stairs in blankets and sleeping bags :) I can't say it didn't affect us mentally :) At least they had cushion! :)

Tanya said...

Joel used to do this kind of stuff when he was little - only he forced his nephews and nieces to do it while he watched.

The Heitlands said...

This is great. We used to do it with our sleeping bags.

Anonymous said...

I used to do that when I was a kid! Love it..so hard to be mad at the kids when they do things you used to do!

Laurel said...

You ROCK sista! Snort!

You are such a great Mommy....I think I might have freaked out first - thought of the camera later! ;)

Your blog looks PURDY T.

Kat said...

Finally checking your pics...T...
Oh to be a kid again!