March 17, 2009

Since we are on the subject....

Here is one more recipe for playdough:

1 Cup of plain flour
1/2 Cup of salt
1 Cup water
3 dessert spoons of cooking oil
2 Teaspoons of cream of tartar
Food coloring (optional)

Mix all the ingredients together. Mix until all the lumps are blended. Put mixture in a saucepan and cook it very slowly over medium heat. Stir continuously. When the dough starts to come away from the sides of the pan, remove it from heat.

You could also add scents to the playdough if you prefer.

This is by far one of the best playdough recipes I have ever used.

2 comments:

4under3 said...

Hey!!


We love playdough. Luke seems to have a thing going where he'll ask for it right after breakfast. I'm excited for summer to come so we can play with it out on the deck again. Easy clean up, eh?!

Tiff


p.s. Man, your children look like their daddy. Yes?

Tanya said...

Hey Tiff! Oh yes, sending them outside with a blob of playdough.....wonderful. Keeps them busy for a long time.

Yes, my kiddos look just like their daddy. I have come to the conclusion that I have no DNA and if I want a child with curly hair, I'll have to adopt.