We started decorating for Christmas today. That is always such a fun time for us....the hot cocoa, the Christmas music, the excitement, the smell of pine, the magic....
Everything is up except for the tree. We'll be getting that from the tree farm sometime this week.
Last year after Christmas, I bought a couple of extra Christmas stockings for 90% off or something ridiculous. Anyway, we realized today that we had one stocking too many. We all decided that we would hang it up and it would be "Jesus' Stocking". I told the kids they could put whatever they want in there - anything they want to give Jesus. They have already been scheming. There is talk about filling it with money, promises to try to "be good", colored pictures, notes, toys for poor kids, etc.
After we were done, I sat down to take it all in.
~Teya and Ethan were off coloring pictures for Jesus' stocking.
~Samuel had crawled up into my lap and was being cute and snuggly.
~Isabel was sitting in the middle of the room, in only her underwear, with tree decorations all over in her hair and on her arms and legs.....completely still.....pretending to be a Christmas tree.
Sigh.
I love these kids.
3 comments:
Isabel absolutely cracks me up. I can so picture her pretending to be a Christmas tree. I'm sure she supplies you with endless laughs. I wonder who she will grow up to be. Yesterday when I walked up to your door she was standing in the family room window, shirt up, chest smashed against the glass. Oh my. :p
Goodness...that just warmed up my heart. Thanks, T.
Precious. I think we all should take a lesson...and take it all in. I hardly ever do that. Thanks for the reminder :)
Post a Comment