Joel recently bought me a grain mill and I have been having lots of fun baking with freshly ground grains. Freshly ground grains are tons healthier than the store-bought flour and they taste SO much better. Popcorn makes great cornbread. The cookies and cakes are fluffier and yummier than what I used to make with store-bought flour. And the bread....oh the bread. Teya told me that I HAD to take some pictures and put them on the blog.

Russian Rye Bread
Russian Rye Bread

6 comments:
Oh my, I'm going to need to try that braided loaf ASAP, that looks great!!
We are growing popcorn in our garden for grinding. Chris thought I had gone crazy when I asked for popcorn, glad to know that's what you do and it works.
That is some BEAUTIFUL bread!! We have thought about getting a grain mill. Looking at these pics reminds me that I need to make some bread :)
Enjoy!
My husband wants to know what kind of grain mill it is and where you got it. Is it hand crank or electric? A person can read about them but nothing like advice from someone you personally know that uses one.
Thanks for any info
My husband wants to know what kind of grain mill it is and where you got it. Is it hand crank or electric? A person can read about them but nothing like advice from someone you personally know that uses one.
Thanks for any info
Yum. You go girl, grinding your own wheat.
Wow...That looks so good!
Post a Comment