October 23, 2009

Where did Fall go?

Did anyone see it? It seems to have been misplaced.
I can't find Fall anywhere. Did I blink and miss it? Sigh.

It's my favorite season of the year and this year it just didn't happen. We had a mild summer here in the upper midwest and Autumn seems to have completely escaped us. It's snowing outside as I type this......snowing.....in October......for the third time.


So, in retaliation, here are some of my favorite things about Fall:

*No more bugs (for the most part).
*Chilly days and beautiful sunshine.
*The smells of pumpkin, apples, harvest, etc.
*No more bugs.
*The colors.
*The changing leaves.
*Getting back to a regular schedule after hectic summers.
*The cooler weather.
*No more bugs.
*Having the Holidays right around the corner.
*Making soup and bread on the cold days.
*No more bugs.

Do you like Fall? What are some of your favorite things about this season?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love going to the apple orchard with the kids. I love that you can go outside and be neither hot or cold...just right, or wear a sweater and it feels perfect. I wish fall would last much longer than it does.

The Heitlands said...

I love jeans, jackets, and cool boots. And all the things that you said!!

Heath Clan said...

No more bugs! In our devotion today it asked if there was anything God created that we didn't particularly care for. My answer was MOSQUITOES. Does anyone know what real role they play in an ecosystem or are they completely the result of THE FALL?

Heath Clan said...

Oh and we went to a corn maze that was great fun. We also had a hay ride. I love pumpkin stuff (pie, bread, seeds, lattes...). Even here in the Pacific NW it is usually crisp and dry and cool. The colors are amazing. We live in a gorgeous place.

Teya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teya said...

I like soup and bread! I like to go to pumpkin patches! We went to a corn maze for my birth-day! i LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! and we went a pumpkin patch wile we where there! i well we had so much fun!!!!! after we had all that fun i had a birthday party at my house!!!!!!