February 20, 2009

Chicken Jane

Teya had to compose a poem for language arts this week. All I told her was that it had to be 6-8 lines and it had to be about a chicken. This is what she came up with:


"Chicken Jane, Chicken Jane
Walking down the country lane
Found a seed and picked it up
And put it in her country cup
Then she took the cup back home
And sat down to write this poem"


I certainly got a good chuckle out of it. I hope you do, too.
.

4 comments:

The Heitlands said...

Way to go, Teya!! You are a good poet!

Tanya said...

I was expecting this assignment to be quite painful for us both....but she just whipped it out - no problem. I guess I shouldn't underestimate my kids, huh.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really great! Naomi hates writing poems..

Kat said...

Teya..I love your poem...well done..sweet pea..

Now I have it in my head...
Chicken Jane..Chicken Jane..
will you play with us again?