
Ah, yes, harvest time has sprung. We have several apple trees and a pear tree on our farm. We picked lots of the "mushy kind" of apples and made applesauce (I don't even know what kind of apple tree it is.......brilliant, I know). Got 15 jars of that yummy goodness. Tomorrow we make apple juice with the apples from the yellow delicious apple tree. And we'll be canning pears by the end of the week. We also have loads of tomatoes and jalapenos so I'll be making salsa this afternoon. I want to make jam out of all of our raspberries, too, but everytime I bring a bucket in the house, the kids have them eaten before I can do anything with them.

4 comments:
mmm, yum. applesauce and pears...my tummy is telling me that it's time for a road trip. hehe. :)
Is salsa hard to do? I've never canned anything in my life, but we have about a dozen tomato plants as well as jalapeƱos that I need to do something with before they go to waste. My kids love tomato soup as well so I'm going to try to freeze some of that.
Ya! Come on up Naomi.....hee hee...
Courtney - Salsa is super easy and you can freeze it or can it.
I'm impressed, Tanya! I've never canned anything in my life. It looks delish though!
Post a Comment